By Guy R. McPherson,Stephen DeStefano
Read or Download Applied Ecology and Natural Resource Management PDF
Similar ecology books
The technological know-how of ecotoxicology and the perform of ecological threat review are evolving swiftly. Ecotoxicology as an issue region got here into prominence within the Sixties after the book of Rachel Carson's e-book at the influence of insecticides at the atmosphere. the increase of public and clinical trouble for the results of chemical pollution at the surroundings within the Sixties and Seventies ended in the improvement of the self-discipline of ecotoxicology, a technology that takes into consideration the consequences of chemical substances within the context of ecology.
This booklet used to be first released in 2004. Wetlands are very delicate and useful ecosystems which are topic to a lot rigidity from human actions. The learn provided the following has constructed an leading edge triple layer framework for research of wetland administration. This strategy offers help for spatial matching among actual making plans, hydrological and ecological strategies, and monetary actions.
This heavily-illustrated publication on examine effects on landslide catastrophe mitigation in 3 Gorges Reservoir involves 3 elements: neighborhood homes of landslides during this zone; case reviews for regular landslides; new methodologies utilized during this area.
Think a spot devoted to the long term research of nature in nature, an enduring organic box station, a instructing and study laboratory that promotes whole immersion within the flora and fauna. Lakeside Laboratory, based at the shore of Lake Okoboji in northwestern Iowa in 1909, is simply this sort of position.
- Eco-Evolutionary Dynamics (Advances in Ecological Research)
- Plantation Forests and Biodiversity: Oxymoron or Opportunity?: 9 (Topics in Biodiversity and Conservation)
- Discontinuities in Ecosystems and Other Complex Systems (Complexity in Ecological Systems)
- Viure millor en un planeta millor (P.VISIONS) (Catalan Edition)
- Paleontology and Geology of Laetoli: Human Evolution in Context: Volume 2: Fossil Hominins and the Associated Fauna (Vertebrate Paleobiology and Paleoanthropology)
- Special Issue: Age and Growth of Chondrichthyan Fishes: New Methods, Techniques and Analysis: 25 (Developments in Environmental Biology of Fishes)
Additional resources for Applied Ecology and Natural Resource Management
Applied Ecology and Natural Resource Management by Guy R. McPherson,Stephen DeStefano